Our primary way to deliver emergency information to the public is via Emergency Alert System (EAS) messages which are pushed to radio stations and television stations. Other options would include:
- Wireless Emergency Alerts to cell phones
- The Community Emergency Notification System (CENS), which is a recorded message sent to landlines and recorded/text message to registered cell phones/VoIP phones
- Website alerts on Maricopa.gov
- Social Media posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Nextdoor (via Emergency Alerts)
- Our Ready Maricopa cell phone app, in which we can send out alerts.
- We are also equipped with HAM radios in our EOC.